When a student account has a credit balance created by an over-payment and/or disbursement of financial aid, 学生有资格获得退款.
If you have excess funds (negative balance) in your student account, 您可以通过提交一份 退款申请表格 至财务司司长办公室(电邮至 email@example.com, fax (212) 853-7433, or in-person at 007 Milbank Hall (Monday-Friday, 10 am to 4 pm.)
Direct Deposit is the fastest and most secure way for students to receive their refunds. By electing this option, students' refunds will be directly deposited into their U.S. 支票账户. Direct Deposit forms can be obtained and submitted to 财务长办公室 at firstname.lastname@example.org. 如果学生选择直接存款, all future refunds will direct deposited to the student account. If the student changes her bank account, the student must notify our office immediately
If a student has not signed up for direct deposit, a check will be mailed to their campus mailbox. Credit balances resulting from a 家长 Plus Loan will be issued as a check to the Plus Loan borrower.
Payments made through Flywire or Western Union will be refunded through Flywire or Western Union by the original payment method/currency.
A credit balance resulting from grant aid or a Federal Direct 工作人员ord Loan is automatically generated and issued to the student. If your account is paid in full or in part by a 家长 Plus Loan and it creates a credit balance, the refund check is issued to the borrower of the loan up to the amount of the PLUS Loan disbursement.
Federal regulations require that any excess PLUS Loan funds be issued or refunded to the PLUS Loan borrower. 然而, the PLUS Loan borrower may submit a written authorization to transfer the credit of the PLUS Loan to the student. Written authorizations may be sent to the 财务长办公室 (via email at bursar@barnard.Edu或传真(212)853-7433). 电子邮件不是有效的授权. 授权有效期为一个学期.
学生 and families who have a credit balance as a result of the Monthly Payment Plan will not receive a refund until all monthly payments have been paid. 然而, the payer may reduce their plan through the 学生会计中心.
学生有支付学费的法律义务, 费用, 房间, and board by registering for classes or completing a housing or meal plan application. Barnard's refund policy for withdrawals is as follows:
- Withdrawal Before Semester Start: If a student withdraws before the start of the semester and incurs no charges, 任何学期的学费都将退还. First-years and Transfers who withdraw before the start of the term forfeit their nonrefundable tuition deposit. If the first-year or Transfer student has incurred any charges, 押金用于支付这些费用.
- 学期休学: 如果学生在学期中退学, her charges will be prorated (see 退款公式 below) if she has been enrolled for less than or equal to 60% of the term, and she completes the necessary forms with the 办公室 of the Dean of Studies (tuition and 费用), 居住生活和住房(完成 房屋取消表格)及财务司司长(取消膳食计划). If a student has been enrolled for more than 60% of the term, 她没有资格获得费用减免. 取决于正式取消的日期, withdrawal from housing may incur additional penalties; students should consult their housing contract and the 住宅生活 and 住房办公室 政策. Please note that for the refund formula (noted below), the semester definition is inclusive of both parts A and B.
- 退款公式: The refund formula measures the actual number of days enrolled during the semester. It is determined by dividing the number of days enrolled by the number of calendar days in the semester (including weekends and holidays and excluding spring break) and then deducting that calculation from 100%. 例如, 如果一个学期有106天, and a student withdraws on the 50th day of the semester, her charges and financial aid will be prorated to reflect that she’s been enrolled for 52.本学期的8%.e.， 1减去(50除以106)].
- 留学退款: Study Abroad has been canceled for the Fall 2021 semester.
- 联邦第四章基金的接受者: If a student is a recipient of Federal Title IV financial aid, refunds to those programs are required by federal regulation to be the first priority and must be returned in the following order: Unsubsidized Federal 工作人员ord Loan, 补贴的联邦斯塔福德贷款, 联邦珀金斯贷款, 联邦PLUS贷款, 联邦佩尔助学金, and Federal SEOG A student is not eligible for a refund until all Federal Title IV programs and other scholarships are reimbursed as required, and all outstanding balances with the College have been cleared. 要申请退款，请提交一个 学生退款申请表格 到财务处去 email@example.com.
The following items are not subject to the refund policy:
- Late 费用 (late payment, late registration, late enrollment verification, etc.)
To protect your financial investment against the student's serious illness or accident resulting in the student's withdrawal before a semester is completed, 考虑 学费保险 通过GradGuard. The 学费保险 is a private insurance program that supplements Barnard's refund policy up to $40,000. Subscribers are assured a refund throughout the term, even though Barnard's refund policy may have expired at withdrawal time. A refund applies to covered charges for medical withdrawals. 有关此可选程序的更多信息，请访问 http://gradguard.com/tuition.